Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Intentions

Had a New Year's talk with a friend. She said we should have intentions, not resolutions, for the New Year. So here goes . . . .

1. I intend to be a great deal more positive and quit bitching about my kids, my messy house, and our lack of money.

2. I intend to move my body more.

3. I intend to cut back on some very negative friends. One in particular. I've already had a serious talk with her that I just can't listen to her complaining anymore. It brings me down like the proverbial load of bricks. Sounds cruel, but it's really affecting my life and screws up intention #1.

4. I intend to find some meaningful work. Right now that's substitute teaching - I know it sounds like a joke job, but I really love it.

5. I intend to infuse my life with more gratitude.

6. I intend to put a President in the Oval Office who can actually THINK and LEAD!

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Good luck on all those! Happy new year to you and yours from me and mine.