Saturday, January 26, 2008

I've figured out my scanner - now the fun starts!



This fab couple is my parents. Aren't they the cutest little people? From them comes my short legs, big head, great teeth, bad eyes, musical ability, and sarcastic sense of humor. I'm sure this photo was taken at my grandparent's farm in northern Iowa. My Dad was just finishing his Civil Engineering degree at Iowa State, and Mom was teaching school. My Dad's head looks exactly like mine - we just can't wear hats. They are happy because they hadn't yet created four whiny, destructive kids who would suck them dry of all their money and looks and ruin all the good furniture. Actually they loved being parents, and being grandparents was even better.

2 comments:

michaelg said...

Tom was a handsome young buck! I was thinking they looked tall in that photo, until I realized it was probably a car, not a truck they're standing in front of. (Spank me for that sentence ending preposition. Sorry.)

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I love scanning. That's a great shot of your folks. In most photos from around that time people look so happy and optimistic.