Saturday, December 31, 2011

Remember that Bailey's I mentioned?

One of the best recipes at my house this Christmas had to be the homemade Bailey's.  My mother-in-law liked it a LOT!  So much she didn't notice the dust bunnies.  

I've finally caught up to what the rest of the world has known for centuries.  Alcohol sometimes HELPS family gatherings!  My siblings and I found out much too late in our lives that a good Tom Collins or Old Fashioned smoothed our Dad right out.  That could have saved a lot of angst during our teen years.

Anyway, here is the best recipe EVER for homemade Bailey's.  
You're welcome and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 eggs (I used Egg Beaters)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pint whipping cream (I used 1/2 whipping cream and 1/2 half-n-half.  Next time I might try to go even lighter with some whole milk)
1 cup whiskey or brandy   ( I used 3/4 c. brandy)
2 TBSP choc syrup  ( I used Hersheys and doubled it to 4-5 TBSP) 
1/3 c light rum
1 tsp vanilla

Mix in blender or just shake it really well.


7 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Alcohol makes most everything better.

kirby said...

I made that recipe once. I was out of everything but the whiskey, and still it was delicious.

Mauigirl said...

Mmmmm...sounds great. Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

Yuuuuum!

Lazy J said...

As our beloved Homer once said "Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

Churlita said...

Hmmmm. I had no idea you could make Bailey's. I might actually give that a try.

Sizzling Hot Online said...
This comment has been removed by the author.