Saturday, December 31, 2011

Remember that Bailey's I mentioned?

One of the best recipes at my house this Christmas had to be the homemade Bailey's.  My mother-in-law liked it a LOT!  So much she didn't notice the dust bunnies.  

I've finally caught up to what the rest of the world has known for centuries.  Alcohol sometimes HELPS family gatherings!  My siblings and I found out much too late in our lives that a good Tom Collins or Old Fashioned smoothed our Dad right out.  That could have saved a lot of angst during our teen years.

Anyway, here is the best recipe EVER for homemade Bailey's.  
You're welcome and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 eggs (I used Egg Beaters)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pint whipping cream (I used 1/2 whipping cream and 1/2 half-n-half.  Next time I might try to go even lighter with some whole milk)
1 cup whiskey or brandy   ( I used 3/4 c. brandy)
2 TBSP choc syrup  ( I used Hersheys and doubled it to 4-5 TBSP) 
1/3 c light rum
1 tsp vanilla

Mix in blender or just shake it really well.


7 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Alcohol makes most everything better.

Anonymous said...

I made that recipe once. I was out of everything but the whiskey, and still it was delicious.

Mauigirl said...

Mmmmm...sounds great. Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

Yuuuuum!

Ji Le said...

As our beloved Homer once said "Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

Churlita said...

Hmmmm. I had no idea you could make Bailey's. I might actually give that a try.

Sizzling Hot Online said...
This comment has been removed by the author.