Thursday, January 15, 2009
And you thought you knew me . . . . .
I've been tagged by themom to a meme to list 6 random things about myself. I was supposed to post the rules, but they basically say "list 6 random things about yourself" and I found them redundant, and I loathe being redundant and that's really probably random thing #1 but who's counting?
I love that name - themom - so authoritative! I think her tag line should be "because I said so!"
Anyway, on with the show . . . .
1. I have a great singing voice, and I often feel guilty that I never "did" anything with it. I daydream plenty about singing in great folk/blues/bluegrass bands. I bitterly envy Alison Krause because she's living my dream, and she's got nothing on me. Well, OK, she also plays instruments that come in rather handy in folk/blues/bluegrass bands. I can play the clarinet.
And ever since having breast cancer in 2003, I've developed this bizarre anxiety symptom that makes me faint when singing - and I don't mean just solos. I mean if I'm in a crowd singing the Star Spangled Banner I get all lightheaded and dizzy. It's a bitch, but there you go.
2. When I was a kid, I used to wonder if I had a developmental disability and no one wanted to tell me.
3. Whenever I take personality tests, I'm always vaguely in the middle and never come out as definitively one personality type. Keeps me flexible I guess.
4. Probably because of #3, I've never found my vocational niche. And this has been the sorrow of my life. I have no idea what I'll be when I grow up. I'd love to cater, but only 9-4 on weekdays. I'd love to be a nurse but I don't want to handle warm poop. You get the picture. I'm all dressed up with no place to go.
5. I'm kind of lazy. I'll always search for the easiest route between points A and B. Perhaps I'm not lazy, just efficient.
6. During the last 8-9 years I'm having recurring dreams that align along about 3 boring but emotional themes. They are really starting to irritate me. I never feel rested because I "lived" all night long. They mean nothing and everything and I wish they'd stop so I can have some peace.
Think I just overshared.
I tag Little Sister, Cheesecake Maven, Ode to Humanity, Melinda June, and Kirby