Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ahhh, I got nothin

I got nothing to say.

It's late January and life is fine, and I'm just a little bored. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Boredom means everything is peaceful and as it should be for now.

The big news is that I actually jogged this week. For some of you that sounds laughably easy, but I'm built for comfort not for speed, and jogging doesn't come naturally to me. Like trying to drive a yacht on dry land. Did I just compare myself to a yacht?

Lots of errands, laundry, and other mundane tasks for the foreseeable future. But that is OK BY ME! The only big event I want to happen is a fat check in the mail or for Publisher's Clearing House to show up on my doorstep.

Maybe I'll make some soup or some cookies. That'll liven things up, right?

9 comments:

MommyLisa said...

I feel your lack of excitement...

and now it will get cold again today.

sigh

Maybe the soup?

Shannon said...

Both! I LOVE to cook and bake on quiet days.

Also, congrats on the jogging! I may be an avid runner, but I've always been slow. When I first started up again after having Genevieve, I described it as "slogging."

Little Sister said...

JOGGING??? Yeah, good for you. When I played softball for Cook's, my boss said when I ran it looked like I had a refrigerator on my back...I had just pulled my hamstring however.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Cookies are easier to send in the mail than soup is. I'm just saying.

Missy said...

You jogged! That is AWESOME!

Post it on the gym blog!

I just wrote a really downer comment on monkey muck, if you need something to read. domestic violence, sigh.

I made some great bacon chocolate chip cookies this week. 3rd batch was the charm. I suppose I should post THAT on the gym blog!

Christopher Tassava said...

Boredom is good, in small doses. Lets the mind relax. I'm moving pretty slow this week too, largely because of the inauguration: I've been able to let go of the W rage, now that Our Man (and his Family) is in D.C. It's nice to think that maybe things will work out.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Congrats on the jog! Did you bump your head? Have you seen the weather reports? hehehehe

Stay warm this weekend!

Off to Gaylord, MN

Happy Weekend!
- Jennifer

lisahgolden said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the big, fat check! And yay for you on jogging. This time of year, exercise can be really hard to get geared up for.

And yeah, I hear you on the relative calm. It's not boring boring, but it's not stirred up and active either.

Anonymous said...

I got nothing to say.
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!