Monday, September 21, 2009

You are going to get SO SICK of me!

I know you're getting sick of hearing about our housing situation, but it's all I can think about right now. As soon as that is decided, I'll get back to bitchin and moaning about politics and other annoyances.

Here's our options now:

1. The tiny house I mentioned last time - we'll give them an answer by Friday.
2. A rambler in the country that needs some work but is on a drop-dead beautiful acreage, and I've always dreamed of a nice country setting just outside town. This is it. But on various summer days it may or may not smell like turkeys and pigs, both of which reside within one mile. Haven't seen the inside yet.
3. A huge victorian with a nice yard and large garage. Haven't seen the inside yet.
4. A cute little split level that has great room, but needs some walls removed and new paint throughout. In the same neighborhood as the tiny house. It's up for auction Wednesday, and an investor friend might buy it and rent to us until we can get a loan to buy it.

This is killing me. I'm one of those people who needs home to be all settled and nice. Not disheveled and with all my favorite things in boxes. How long they'll stay in boxes is anyone's guess. Am I too materialistic? I just want to have my Dansk dishes and my Mom's china available for use.

11 comments:

Christopher Tassava said...

I'm glad you have options, but yeah, it'd be nice to get something ironed out. Keep the blogosphere posted! We're rooting for you!

Missy said...

Bitch away! Good luck in making your decisions and lean on your friends- blogged or real or imaginary! Feel better too!

Kireliols said...

I'm the same way. In fact, I've almost got Husband convinced to remain in this house until we can afford our dream home- a dome home on an acreage. I hate feeling packed up and unorganized too. But of course, you expected that.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'm that same way, which is why I insisted we unpacked everything as soon as possible when we moved last year.

Shannon said...

I would never get sick of hearing about this. I am DYING to know what you're going to do/choose! I'm on pins and needles! I want to know each and every detail of where all these houses are! But...that turkey smell is horrible. I speak from experience; at certain times, running on the country roads near our house is stomach-turning. Maybe you get used to it? (p.s. I've always dreamed of a house in "the country" but near town too.)

Treats said...

Rant away...you're not being materialistic, you're wanting a place for your family no nest. That's human nature.

Churlita said...

For me, it's always the not knowing that drives me crazy. I'm glad you have such great options though.

SkylersDad said...

Go for the house with the acreage!

We DO all get to vote on this, right?

Mauigirl said...

I vote for the country house, #2, also. And #3 as an alternative. I'm a sucker for fixer-uppers and rambling old houses and Victorians!

Anonymous said...

Stay away from the pigshit house, I hear that smell travels for miles, not to mention being bad for your health.

Fran said...

Sending good thoughts!