Friday, September 25, 2009

Between the trapeze bars

I'm between the trapeze bars . . . .
That's a phrase my sister uses about these stages of life when you've let go, or been pushed, from a position of comfort and you're hanging there, just hanging there, not knowing if you'll grab the next bar, fall into the net, or crash into the hard earth.

Waiting for the economy to turn
Waiting for a rental decision
Waiting for the water to boil
Waiting for the heartburn medication to kick in
Waiting for Johnny C to get out of the shower
Waiting for the cats to come in for the night
Waiting for either twin to call and say it's time to pick them up
Waiting for the dryer to finish
Waiting for the tide to come in
Waiting for health care reform
Waiting for some good news
Waiting for Michael to give me the disc he burned of "Glee", and to see his Europe pictures
Waiting for the next Netflix to arrive
Waiting for payday
Waiting for the kids to put their dirty dishes in the dishwasher
Waiting for a break

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't wait for me, I'll catch up to you cats later.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I'm STILL waiting for that health care reform!

And here's to hoping you have a safe landing.

Shannon said...

I am waiting to hear which house you'll be renting....

themom said...

I have been and will be waiting for health care reform, and to hear that your life has somewhat settled into a comfortable zone. It's a shame that things take so much time to come to fruition, but such is life. Have a realxing weekend.

Churlita said...

I hope you get your break soon...I hope we all do.

Missy said...

I do not know what I am waiting for anymore. What is that called??

You will make it to the next bar! And you have so many people below cheering you on, ready to catch you.