Monday, September 28, 2009

The Decision is Made!!!

We've FINALLY found a rental! The kids have taken to calling her "Tiny" because that's what she is, tiny. But the place is adorable and like new. The owner had renovated and tried to sell, but lucky for us . . couldn't. Tiny is about 1/2 mile north of our current place, so not much disruption for the kids. We'll be downsizing for sure, as about 1/3 of our stuff will be in storage.

These photos give you an idea - the furniture belongs to the owner - she was staging it for sale.

It has 3 small bedrooms, 2 full baths, and 1 powder room. The backyard is big enough for that all-important campfire. The garage is one stall, so we'll just have to make that work. And starting this weekend, Johnny C. will be building a mud room.


This is the master bath - I'm so short I can only see myself from the neck up. Perhaps that's for the best!
The sad part is that we can't bring the cats, so we're trying to find them homes. Our emotions on this point swing back and forth between relief and grief. Much like leaving our current home. Talk about stress on the life-change scale!!!


The entire kitchen/eating/living area. We'll have to get creative. Right now we're building (yes, building) a long dining table that will use cabinets for a base = more storage. We've also got these groovy mid-century modern loveseats that will go in the sitting area. Luckily there is a family room in the lower level for the big comfy couch and TV. And we have to get the piano in there somewhere. Putting it in storage is out of the question!

So there you have it. Let the move begin!
On to the next adventure!

15 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Good, I'm glad you found a place.

Little Sister said...

Hey, Tiny is the name of both my car and my bike! I love the new place, sis. It looks cute and cozy and CLEAN!!!

May I suggest that you just put a BIG table into the living area...you know that is where we spend all of our time at your house...around the table talking, playing cards, eating, talking, drinking coffee and wine and eating, talking, and so on and so on.

Okay, now I will SHUT UP with suggestions-I so not want to become annoying.

LOVE YOU and know that all will be perfect in your new space.

LoieJ said...

You might find out that less is more. Or less is less ie cleaning. It could be good. My husband wishes we would downsize out house, but it isn't big when the kids are home, believe me. The house is 28 x 24, two stories.

Unknown said...

A decision is a good thing. Small has benefits, you find the things that are really important, and it allows you to let go of others.
Wishing you some peace in this choice.

SkylersDad said...

Good for you! I am sorry about the cats though...

Missy said...

Great work decision making and thinking ahead for storage and livability! Great idea for the table!

Let me know if you need help with the cats. Poor kitties and poor C's. Do you need temp. homes or permanent homes?

Shannon said...

You are AMAZING. I love your positive attitude and spirit of adventure! CONGRATULATIONS! It looks pristine, adorable, and beautiful. And as others have said, sometimes downsizing turns into a true positive rather than a negative; it can be liberating to get by with less. I know you know all that. I am so happy for you and the family. What matters is you will be together, safe, warm, and loved.

lisahgolden said...

I'm so glad you've found a place and that it won't cause much disruption. That is a huge help in the long run.

Anyway you can smuggle the cats? Cough, cough. Perhaps others have gotten away with it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope this brings some measure of relief to your life. We can return your espresso maker anytime! I hope the move goes well!

Churlita said...

Oh, it's so pretty. It's exactly what I'm looking for in a house...Of course, there's only 3 of us, so it wouldn't feel so tiny.

Kireliols said...

Congratulations on finding a home- I'm sorry to hear about the cats. (Wish I'd know before I got Miss Muffin. ) Hopefully all will be well and the cats will be happy and the children won't be too upset.

themom said...

I'm glad you found this place, and your creative juices are flowing it would appear, to make into your "home." All will be well, as I'm sure this new adventure will have a happy ending. When will the actual move take place?

joe said...

Nice place!

michaelg said...

It looks perfectly cute. I have the last weekend in October open. So, if you need moving help, please just let me know. Would love to see the C clan anyway.

kim said...

I love it, it's adorable. You'll be okay, we are 3 people (4 every other weekend) in a bathroom much smaller than that, it's doable.