Friday, October 30, 2009

The Big Move


The Big Move is tomorrow!!

We've already moved lots of little things, and tomorrow is all the big chunks. We'll be sleeping in Tiny tomorrow night.

This move is filled with sorrow and hope. Sorrow to leave my house, but hope about putting bad karma behind us and looking forward.

The new house is small, and finding a place for the necessities is a real challenge. Today one of my best friends, Laura, spent all afternoon with me boxing up the kitchen. Get this - she even cleaned out my frig!!! I absolutely hate that chore. How's that for a good friend??

So I will be without computer for a few days. Hope to be back online by Tuesday.

9 comments:

One Fly said...

Keep thinking small and or less is better and many times it is. I try not to have much but even the little there is compared to others seems too much at times. You will adapt just fine and there will be extra time saved from not having to care for a big house.

SkylersDad said...

Good luck with the move, best wishes for a great new start!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Hang in there girl. We're all rooting for you.

Shannon said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Your family is full of resilience! Tiny is going to be GREAT--just you wait. Like you say, it's the beginning of a fresh start. And hey--smaller house = less cleaning! Yahoo!

Life As I Know It Now said...

Just say to yourself that now is the opportunity to curb my carbon footprint--to learn the spiritual lesson that less is more in so many ways ;~)

Christopher Tassava said...

I hope everything went well!

themom said...

Take your time...get settled....and then let us know how everything went. I wish you great things in your new home.

Churlita said...

I hope it all went well. Moving sucks no matter what the circumstances, but it's got to be that much harder for you guys. I'm sorry.

Here's hoping that things only get better and better from here on out.

Mauigirl said...

Good luck on your move! And also just wanted to let you know I gave you an award over at my place!