Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm an old biddy



Ever wanted to slap someone because they just plain old irritated you? Oh, who am I kidding, I feel like this at least once a week.

We traveled 4 hours from home for Twin #2's soccer tournament. All in all, a good weekend. I enjoy the other parents, and the girls played well.

The standard low-end hotel where we stayed was packed to the ceilings with other soccer teams, baseball teams, and some wrestlers. Every single high school sport in the midwest must have been having tournaments. I was worried how this would play out at the free breakfast area, which was about the size of my laundry room.

First off, I HATE the free breakfasts at hotels. OK, yes they are "free", but not really or they wouldn't charge me $95 per night. Did I mention I'm trailer trash and $95 is a lot of moola to me? Anyway, for trailer trash I've managed to become rather snobbish about food and coffee. And dishes - I just ABHOR styrofoam, coffee mate, gross mini cupcakes, and those infernal malted waffle machines. I found the image above by typing "crappy hotel breakfast" in an image search. And we didn't get fresh fruit.

And as predicted, the room was completely packed with all the other tired athletic parents and their creepy kids. This included several Dad's in barefeet - BARE FEET I tell you! And pjs, and sloppy t-shirts, and bed head. Doesn't the word PUBLIC mean anything anymore? And all the over-pleasing Moms still wearing their mall bangs and perms from the 80's waiting hand and foot on junior Mr. Baseball because he can't possibly get his own milk from a milk machine.

But one kid was ripe for a slapping. He looked to be about 16 and stood up, shirtless, stuffing his mouth with donuts, and going on and on about something boring but every other word from his big mouth was "a$$hole" or "#hit". Shirtless, yelling, and swearing in a small room full of families and little kids. The adults around him were just smiling and tolerating his rude ass.

I was so ready to walk over, shake my old lady finger at him, and tell him his behavior was disgraceful, and that he needs to put on a shirt and watch his language in public. I typed "ugly shirtless teenage boy" in an image search, but nothing conveyed the horror of this overgrown kid.

AND the coffee was horrible.

So tell me, should I have opened a can of old-biddy whoop ass on him??

19 comments:

Missy said...

YES!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Yep.

MommyLisa said...

I would have at least complained to the hotel staff. But really I would have opened the can of whoop a&& on his mama - or daddy.

Your child is distrubing others lady - take him to his room or tell him to sit down and shut his mouth!

Churlita said...

I probably would have said something, but I tend to be a big scary bitch. So, you may want to do the opposite of what I do. I hope you at least sent him some stern disapproving glances.

themom said...

I would have "thumped" him ups side his head. I have seen situations similar to this - and the parents are morons too!

Unknown said...

Yes ! For sure! And I would have!

PS I like those waffles!

Unknown said...

Parallel lives once again, BTDT on too many occasions. I try very hard not to correct other people's children when out, but it's difficult and this when would have been a doozie!

Shannon said...

Hmmm. This is tough. Were his parents right there? If not, I would have probably gone over and asked him to please not curse in front of my small children. But, it's a whole 'nother ballgame (ha!) if his own parents are sitting right by him, doing nothing. Yikes.

themom said...

I left an award for you - at my place!!

Sheleta said...

There was a little ole' lady in our neighborhood named Ms. Virginia! She would see us kids doing something wrong, cussing, stealing from the store, treating folks wrong--and she'd just whoop our asses! Wouldn't say nothing, just start popping right there when ever and where ever we were cutting up! Then she'd bring us home, pulling our ear, and tell our momma what we had done. Then we'd get another whooping. I say you should have went "Ms. Virigina" on 'em!

Anonymous said...

Don't get mad, get even. Either get the manager to toss the kid out on his vulgar ass, or give you your room for free. Either way, you would have won.

lisahgolden said...

Once again I am reminded why I don't travel except for work, in which case, I am freaking busy taking care of the adults who behave like children that I don't have the attention span to notice anything going on around me.

I'm non-confrontational so I wouldn't have done a thing.

P.S. I grab as much food as I can and head back to my room in joints like that.

Life As I Know It Now said...

You certainly could have pointed out to him how rude he was being in a public place around small children. It might not have done any good mind you but at least he'd know he wasn't winning everyone over with his boorish ways.

kim said...

The barefeet are totally gross.
The mini-muffins are disgusting.
The coffee is horrible.
The fruit is old.
You are correct.

Christopher Tassava said...

I think you shoulda told him to pipe down. I'm far from the most imposing person around, but I have used a little bit of age and a good glare to quiet a$$hole kids. His parents would have been the wild card, though...

Johnny Yen said...

Hell yeah!

Little Sister said...

Oh my, good thing Cuz SE wasn't there with you or we would be reading about Teenager a$$hole's death in local paper...but hey, thin the herd!

Cheesecake Maven said...

Can you imagine if cousin SE, and me, and cousin AM were ALL there? That kid would've been toast.

It would've been hard for me NOT to say something to him. I'm getting more and more annoyed by rude people the older I get, yes, I am turning into mom, "I HATE PEOPLE!"

Anonymous said...

Ever wanted to slap someone because they just plain old irritated you?
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!