Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's a Jolly Holiday with Michael . . . .

My twins and I had a marvelous time today with MG in the Twin Cities. We met him at the famous Southdale Mall in Edina, MN - renowned for being the very first such indoor mall in the nation - way to go Minnesota!

First we spent a fair amount of time at various skin care and make-up counters in Macy's. MG introduced me to Origins skin care and swears I'll see a difference in my oily skin and adult acne. Wish I could believe you MG, but I've had so very many disappointing promises, yet still have acne.

Then it was on to Midori's Floating World restaurant where we devoured copious amounts of sushi. MG introduced us to the delicious #9 roll. He was right - it was perfection. If you visit MG's blog soon, you'll see photos!!

Then back to the mall for hairdos, shopping, and coffee drinks. We told my 14-year-olds some hairy stories about our lives in the early 80's. They about wet their pants when we told them about some of our favorite outfits and hairdos. Ooohh all those neon colors and leg warmers for God's sake. I tried to find a photo of me in those glory days, but all I could find is a pic of me pooping my pants in my high chair - somewhat similar.

A perfect day all around. Many thanks MG - we just love you to pieces.

MG will just blush a thousand shades when I say this, but that is one handsome man!! MG is the famed tall and dark, with beautifully chiseled features and glorious eyes. I feel prettier just walking next to him. He's also smart, funny, gracious, and hilarious. I feel lucky to have such a great guy as a friend.

7 comments:

michaelg said...

Honey, first of all that is not you in the 80's, okay? When you said pooping your pants in a high chair, I thought I would see a picture of you drunk at a frat party. But if you want us to believe you are in your 20's, I'll go there with you. ;o)
It was a great day and you exaggerate greatly. You're too kind.

michaelg said...

And look at that fancy wallpaper!

Mnmom said...

That was one groovin house in 1962 let me tell you

Cheesecake Maven said...

I'm insanely jealous of your day out with MG!! Sushi to boot! Wow, a great day. You can read on my blog about what I was up to while you had your perfect day out. May your sushi have hidden bundles of wasabi in every bite. :)

Mnmom said...

You can go next time

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Your daughters are beautiful! I see they got their looks from you!

Mnmom said...

Ten points for Dr. VM!!