Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The crowd that ate our caucuses



This is what I encountered at our caucuses last night. It was inbelievable!!! I don't know whether to be annoyed at the inconvenience or amazed at the patriotic voter turnout.
Ours were held at a large Middle School with ample parking. Yet the lot was full and the cars were backed up for at least 1.5 miles. It looked like the final scene in "Field of Dreams".
Once inside things didn't improve. Our DFL party was in no way prepared for the onslaught. No one knew where to go or what to do. It was like buying sugar in Russia. You had to mill around asking strangers what line they were standing in, and then figure out if you were in the correct one. Then you had to scrunch through the crowds (pardon me, excuse me, pardon me, pardon me, excuse me) to find the END of the line and wait your patient liberal ass off until it was your turn to vote.

Then we caucused - which is when all the folks in your voting precinct make resolutions to add to the DFL state platform. Luckily all of the Dems in my group made simple, easy-to-vote-on statements. I was home by 10pm.

The good news is that Barack Obama enjoyed a thumping good victory in Minnesota thanks to all those folks who politely braved the event. I'm still an Edwards supporter but work with what you have. I'm sure Hillary Clinton would do an excellent job as President but I'm just plain tired of the Clintons and the Bushes. It's time for some fresh blood.



OBAMA IN 08!

4 comments:

Cheesecake Maven said...

what does HHHHHHH mean? Am I showing my un-"hip"ness again?

Mnmom said...

It was a mistake that I have now deleted. I was using it to separate the photos. Don't worry - you are still wonderfully hip.

Joe said...

Nice job up there in Minnesota! Good luck getting rid of Senator Coleman now.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I am so glad Obama won in your state. Way to go girl!