No one tagged me, but I'm going to just jump right in and play anyway . . . . join me!
1. When do you usually know it's the holidays?
When the stores start decorating, right around Halloween.
2. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I wanted a financial miracle, and that still might happen, but mostly I just wanted a safe warm cozy holiday and I got that in spades.
3. Do you go all out with decorations?
I don't get everything out - each year I pick and choose. But all the nutcrackers come out for a Christmas parade across some shelf or table. I'm never really into it, but I'm happy when it's done.
4. What are you doing Christmas Eve?
The other Italian family in town usually comes over, but this year they had the flu. So we dined well just the 5 of us at home.
5. What are you doing Christmas Day?
What we do every year - open presents, eat waffles with berries and cream, then stockings, then laze around snacking all day, watching holiday movies, and playing board games.
6. It's Christmas time. What are you reading?
Dave Berry's "I'll Mature When I'm Dead" - I needed a little levity.
7. Favorite movie to watch during the holidays?
"It's a Wonderful Life" and "Muppet Christmas Carol", or "White Christmas"
8. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night, sung by Phyllis Willer at late night services, First United Methodist Church Decorah, Iowa during my growing up years. Phyllis left us years ago, but that memory will stay with me forever.
9. Favorite holiday drink?
10. How is your Christmas shopping going?
I got it all done with lots of time to spare. We keep the budget low!
11. If you could spend Christmas Day anywhere else, where would you spend it?
In some kind of space/time warp machine so my parents could be with us.
12. Any holiday traditions?
Lots - special ornaments on the tree, waffles Christmas morning, shrimp scampi Christmas Eve, cookies, movies, etc
13. Favorite thing about the holidays?
How people just try to be better and more generous. And of course the food!