Wednesday, December 29, 2010

After Christmas Blahs

So how are you?  I'm having the stereotypical after-Christmas let down.  Perhaps it's the sudden drop in cookie sugar.  Or maybe the lack of shopping high.  Although I did hit some great after-holiday sales and got some much-needed underwear.  I'm sure you feel better knowing I'm starting 2011 with new panties.

Yours truly was well-gifted this Christmas.  My kids and Johnny C were incredibly good to me; pjs, homemade pots, cologne, a sweater, etc.

Anyway - let me hear your suggestions for pepping up January and February on a shoestring budget. Yes I do have a birthday in January, but that's just one cold day out of many coming without sun or warmth.  Maybe I'll try some new recipes.  What I'd really like to do is spend every single day in my new fleece pajamas with a hot drink in my hand.  Can't we just make a state law that everything is closed if it's below 10 degrees????

10 comments:

Kireliols said...

I'm with you!! I got myself a Cuisinart single brew coffee thingmy and I would love to stay indoors all day in my jammies drinking various coffees...oh, wait, I've been doing that for the past week!!

Kireliols said...

By the way, your lemon background is startlingly bright and cheerful!!

Dr. MVM said...

I'm glad to know you got new undies.

Mauigirl said...

I think I've got the same problem. And yes, all I seem to want to do is stay indoors in my jammies all day. I don't really have a lot of suggestions to pep up January and February. At least in January we have the annual Robert Burns celebration at our local Scottish restaurant, Argyle's. Not sure you have those out in Minnesota! And there's the Super Bowl - a friend of ours always has a big party with great food. But once that's over, it's a long, long winter until the next big deal - St. Patrick's Day! P.S. I like your new blog layout too.

Life As I Know It Now said...

Your supreme court picture is hilarious!!!

I drag myself out of bed every morning and rush off to work. I come home tired and have another several hours of housework ahead of me. I don't have an answer to your question. I think winter just sucks and it is really bad when it's way too cold. I feel for ya.

SkylersDad said...

I would like to see a whole post on your panties. Color? Motif? Any words on them like "enter access code to continue"?

Anonymous said...

I'm not usually one to crave sugar, but I think this Christmas I've proven that it is possible to eat one's body weight in King Leo peppermints. No wonder they've been around since the dawn of time, those things are delicious. The blahs are definitely some sort of blood sugar crash.

BeckEye said...

My birthday's in February, so you can plan a party for me if you want.

Unknown said...

I had that "winter blues" feeling each year living in the midwest. I know temperature greatly impacted me.
Now living in FL, weather is a more positive impact on my mental health.
I hope you can get past this. I do like jammies and coffee all day!!

Churlita said...

Sounds like hibernation time to me...Rent lots of movies and drink. It's the MidWestern Winter way.