Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Moment

So I'm shopping for Thanksgiving ingredients.  My sister calls and asked if I'm bringing the veggie tray because cousin Sarah asked if SHE was bringing it, and she said that no, I think Mnmom is, and what should SHE bring?

Sister #3 is bringing a potato dish, and brother is frying the turkey, and who the hell is making the stuffing?  We didn't know, so she'll call cousin Sarah.

Meanwhile I hit the produce section and realize no one has claimed the cranberries!  So I call sister #2 back while I'm unloading my groceries and we realize no one has claimed rolls either and of COURSE what does this remind me of??

GOBBLE GOBBLE!!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

If I were responsible for the meal I'd hire it catered. I hosted it once at our home. I think it was about 1975 and we'd just bought our first house. I worked on it every night that week and was up at 4 a.m. to start the bird. I thought it was a pretty spectacular effort. My husband's brothers, sisters, parents and my mom were there. Everyone thought it was good but his younger brother [he was about 12 at the time] when passed the Brussel sprouts said, "I ain't eating any of them green shits!!"

I was so tired I just laughed.

MommyLisa said...

I saw a recipe on another blog for rolls....they called them Fairy Rolls.