Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fun Discovery


Twin #2 and I were driving home from the Twin Cities when we decided to finally stop and check out Hot Sam's Antiques in Lakeville, MN. We've been passing this place for 12 years and have been fascinated by the items he parks along the ridge above the interstate. Over the years he's displayed a submarine, an old gasoline truck, a steel 12' shark, and steel cow and calf, etc.

It was worth the time to stop! This place is about 4 acres filled with the most breathtaking assortment of junk, displayed in fascinating arrangements. We'll be back another day to wonder the property which includes:
A log cabin filled, and I mean FILLED with everything you could possibly imagine.
A giant fire pit surrounded by office chairs.
A VW camper bus graffitied with 70's weed jargon and art.
A man made pond with antique decoys permanently afloat

More photos here
An even better description here

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This place sounds like a hoot!! I hope it gave you some good smiles.

Life As I Know It Now said...

what a whimsical place this is!

Fran said...

That looks amazing!! How great.

Churlita said...

Man, I would love to go there with a camera someday. I'd be in hog heaven. Nice find.

Missy said...

WOW! I need to get myself there!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

We'll be stopping there when I come visit you.

Mnmom said...

Dr. Monkey - thought of you the whole time I was there, and how much you'd love it.

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing!! How great.
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!