Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh NO HE DIDN'T


OH YES HE DID!

This post is going to make our friend Sheletta get out the clorox.

So I'm at work and it's time for lunch. I saunter over to the snack bar and order a simple grilled cheese. At our snack bar, you have to hover around and watch for your sandwich since they just place it up on the counter and you take it from there.

Anyway, there are several sandwiches in queue but your job is to watch and listen for yours. So the cook places mine up and says "grilled cheese". And while I'm reaching for it, this strange college boy takes his hands OUT OF HIS POCKET and PULLS APART MY GRILLED CHEESE TO SEE IF IT'S HIS!!!!!!!!

My jaw was down at my waist in shock, and all I manage to say is "Well I hope your hands are clean!!" He nods yes and goes back to listening to his iPod or thinking about Star Wars or whatever he was doing prior to sticking his dirty fingers in my lunch. Meanwhile I'm having an out of body experience!!! A snack bar staff person, who saw the whole thing, runs up to me and says "we'll get you another one". Which they did.

This kid didn't even have the balls to apologize! Just fumbles all over someone else's sandwich to see if it's his! It didn't even occur to him to ask the cook, standing less than 2 feet away. Oh no, let's just stick our boogery digits in there and find out ourselves! And OF COURSE it wasn't his - he had just placed his order and there were about four people ahead of him.

Where does one grow up, and not learn that pawing the food of others with your pocket-lint-covered appendages that have been I-don't-even-want-to-KNOW-where is flat out disgusting? And yet still he gets into an academically elite school?

Someone who can't figure this out sure as #*&$ doesn't wash his hands!!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

all I can say is ewwwwwww

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Aw, man. That's just...
ick ick ick ickity ick.

There's no accounting for the stupidity of academia fledglings.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

That's probably one of the tamer things that restaurant employees do when we are not looking.

themom said...

Just goes to show you how some of these kids have been raised - not well at all. I would have gone ballistic. Off note a little, but my son had an acquaintance (in college) and pronounced "queue"....kweewee!! A good education is priceless.

Christopher Tassava said...

Unbelievable. I do make sure I hover, and now I'll make sure I am ready to shove.

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Ohhh,that is sick! My jaw would have been down to my waist too.
Have a good weekend!

Little Sister said...

As one who worked in the dining services area of a liberal arts school. Most of the students are clueless about hygiene...and about manners.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I don't know how many times I politely, of course, tell children AND adults to cover the mouth when they cough at the library. I also tell the kids to go wash their hands. I can't tell the adults that although I wanna!

Anonymous said...

What an ill bred little twat. You should have smashed the sandwich into the keyboard of his laptop.

Coaster Punchman said...

Well, that is bad manners. But eating it would have bolstered your immune system! Or challenged it, one of the two....

Sheleta said...

Oh my goodness! Girl, I'LL BE DAMNED! is all I can say. They'd still be pulling me off his a$$ cause I'd still be slapping him silly! Not only were you hungry and waiting on your lunch--then when it comes--some crazy dirty college kid assaults your sam'mich! Girllllll, I'm mad just thinking about it. Next time that happens, just go ahead and "gut punch" him. I'll start raising your bail money now. You gotta send him a message and teach him a lesson now. Because if he comes to the Twin Cities and it happens to ME, I'm shooting first, asking questions later...

michaelg said...

Nasty. Raised in a barn, that boy.

Joe said...

College kids are, as a group, filthy disgusting animals. I worked as a campus cop for a year for Loyola University Chicago, and it was eye-opening.

Anonymous said...

This post is going to make our friend Sheletta get out the clorox.
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!