Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vikings vs Packers


I'm on the 3rd day of a 3-day stretch of 11 hour work days.  The hallucinations should start in any minute now.

Really interesting day at work.  The Middle School hosts a before-school-starts program called W.E.B. - Where Everybody Belongs.  It's involves 8th graders and teachers trained to welcome new 6th graders.  They start at 8am and spend the next four hours breaking into small groups and having the time of their lives.  Each group had a "theme" like super heroes, or ninjas, or birthday hats, or feather boas.  They roamed the building getting tours and the inside scoop from older kids.  The objective of this program is to head off jitters, bullying, etc.

Also today I started on a display case - for fall the theme is PACKERS vs VIKINGS.  A parent volunteer will put it together but I gathered all the materials.  I started calling each franchise in June asking if they'd like to donate materials.  The MN Twins did this for us last Spring.  The PACKERS got back to me immediately and sent a box full of goodies including a beautiful poster of Lambeau Field.

The PACKER fans among the faculty quickly donated plenty of fan items too.

The VIKINGS?  Those numbskulls haven't answered my calls, my emails, nothing.  And I've tried plenty over the last 3 months.  Guess they are too busy chasing Brett Favre around.  I'll remember that when they start whining about wanting a tax-payer funded stadium.  Hey Vikings Front Office - a little PR with the taxpayers wouldn't hurt you know!  You aren't THAT much to brag about.

This could turn me into a Packer Fan. 

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Boo hiss to the Vikings HQ that won't even help out a sweet little school!

SkylersDad said...

Cool of the Packers to send a bunch of stuff!

MommyLisa said...

Find Ziggy's email or something! Boo Viking's!!@!!

Anonymous said...

Not even a box of decals or plastic cups? That's pretty weak. If I were one of those eight graders, I'd start teaching the younger kids how to make Viking Voodoo Dolls.

Cathy said...

That's right baby! The Packers and their fans are the best out there! This makes me even more proud to be a Packer fan. Go Pack!

Unknown said...

We have W E B too... I think it works! Sorry but the Packers still suck...as I sit here in my Vikings Jersey! lol