Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Youngest!


Our youngest turned 9 yesterday! This photo was taken at about 2-years after her older sisters had worked their magic with face paint.

Our tradition on birthdays is to eat out, and for the past 3 years that's always been at Buca de Beppo. We love Buca - the crazy pope statues, the Italian family photos, etc. But what really brings us back is their fried calamari. I'm sure it comes in giant freezer packs and all their kitchen staff do is toss it in the hot oil but we just don't care. We could eat barrels of it.

All week she'd been asking for burgers on the campfire for her birthday. I was all good to go with that plan, even after a very long day at work. Let me tell you, my dogs were barkin! At the last minute she changed her mind and wanted Buca. I almost snapped her in two with my hug. I would have let Dick Cheney cook our food, I was so tired.

So we ate our fill of calamari, and linguine with seafood, and Penne Arabiatta. And finished with another family favorite - the Buca Birthday Cake. It's a giant slice of red velvet cake as big as our toaster oven. It would be hard to choose between the calamari and the cake if forced to pick a winner. All around another great family birthday. The best part? Buca leftovers for supper tonight!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday to your little dd... I have never been to Buca...but want to try it someday.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Happy B Day to your young lady!

Kireliols said...

way to cute! Happy birthday- my oldest turned 9 in March. Last year of single digits. big stuff. I haven't been to Buca either! I now know where my family will take me for my birthday this fall! and maybe sometime this week...

Joe said...

I love that picture. Happy birthday!

Bucca de Beppo is a great party destination, isn't it?

Missy said...

Oh how cute and what a fine clown make-up job!

Birthday!

Cheesecake Maven said...

Oh no!!!! I missed it!!! I am soooo sorry! I'll send something up to her soon. Happy (late) Birthday!!!! We love you!