Thursday, November 13, 2014

Winter . . . again

I must be getting old.  The years are just flying past me at the speed of a Republican voting to repeal the ACA.  I haven't yet recovered from Spring of 2013, when it snowed into MAY, then the miserable Winter of 2014 and the polar vortex of torture.  Summer seems to last about a week in my world.  And now Winter is back, with snow and cold and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!  Today might top out at 21degrees - as cold as Joni Ernst's heart on her better days.

This week I'll make chili, ham & white beans, and beef stew to ease my shivering bones.

I truly love Minnesota, and MOST of winter.  But only between December 15th and February 28th.  Outside of that winter can bite me..... which it does . . often.


Mia Famiglia - when we won the 5K costume contest after Thanksgiving, by dressing as a blizzrd.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Yeah. My brother once asked me to move to Madison. I told him it was too cold. He said, 20 below is 20 below. I said it just lasts so much longer up North. I can't deal with it for that long.