Friday, March 18, 2011

Gack

Been an emotional couple of weeks, and I for one just want the world to hold it and take a deep breath.

My kids and I are utterly exhausted from the Rock-n-Roll Revival production.  This is an amazing show put on every other year.  I'm a volunteer and the twins have big parts.  It's all good, but so time consuming.  On top of that it's been a little wicked at work - with budget cuts looming my job my shrink.

My extended family also seems to be limping.  Two relatives have had some serious health issues.  Also some stupid emotional BS that I won't go into. 

Add to that my sprained ankle after I fell on ice at work.

Then the world at large starts to unravel from it's already tattered state; tsunamis, nuclear meltdowns, union busting, handing over entire towns and cities to corporation, and our never-ending Minnesota winter.  Crazy dictators killing their own people and the threat of yet another American war front.

Can't we all just chill out for a minute?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey lady, I've been missing you. That giving up fb is good for my productive time, but hell on my far away friends!!
I'll be thinking of you as the budget is rolled out, hoping your hours are mostly saved.
Any chance you can get some rest this weekend?

MommyLisa said...

At least there is some sunshine in the sky. Sending a warm hug.

Churlita said...

I'm sorry you have so much going on. I hope things warm up and chill out.

SkylersDad said...

I sure hope it gets better for you soon. Hell, I hope it gets better for all of us soon!

Coaster Punchman said...

I hear ya. Hope things are going better.

Sheleta said...

Can you come to Cincinnati to visit me to take a break? I will nurse that ankle, fill your belly full of the town's legendary Chili and we can pick up some home made Graeter's Ice Cream and eat our cares away.
Girl between the stomach bubbling from the Chili and lactose intoleration side effects from the milk in the ice cream, we won't have time to think about them crazy kin folks!