Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fall

While we aren't yet at the splendor of color pictured, Fall is fast descending on Minnesota. I could see my breath on the walk to work this morning! And in typical confused Minnesota fashion I wore a coat and sandals. The last day of summer vacation was about 89 degrees then WHAM the first day of school brought Fall.

I love Autumn for these reasons: apple pie, pot roast, incredible color, football, the World Series, my down comforter returns, walks in the Carleton Arb, hot coffee tastes great, frosty air, Halloween, and raking leaves among many others.

Fall will also be especially grand this year when we elect BARACK OBAMA!!!!

6 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Yay fall! Yay new TV shows in a few weeks!

Missy said...

Today I wore sandals, pants and sweater! I hate socks...I will hold out for a few more weeks...

It is a beautiful morning! I love to get off the bus on the other side of the river and walk with the peppy new students.

I hope your new job is going well!

Shannon said...

I hate socks, too, Missy (above), so I also hold out as long as possible.

Mnmom, I am so glad you included that last sentence about why fall will be especially good this year. When I am feeling especially beleaguered, I think ahead to election day and imagine the JOY AND RELIEF. It has to happen, right?

p.s. how are you liking working FULL-TIME this month?! forgot to ask you yesterday!

Billie Greenwood said...

I loved your last line, too. I simply have to keep imagining a positive outcome. Keep reminding me!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! It makes me miss the Midwest. And then comes December and I'm over it.

I love the smell of autumn.

Christopher Tassava said...

Oh, yeah, it's the smell of it right now that makes me happy - the crisp air, the fallen leaves, even the wet dirt every morning. Huzzah for fall.