Friday, February 1, 2008
Observations from a sick day
I'm home sick today with an odd bug. Lucky for me, not sick enough to miss these observations.
1. Whole wheat toast just goes right through.
2. 7-up tastes like being sick
3. When I watch those baby-delivery shows on TLC, I cry big fat tears every time the baby is born, like I don't know how it ends. I'll always wail "Oh, it's a baby!" then cry until my contacts get smeary.
4. Strangely, even when I'm sick, I still love cooking shows. Emeril was making some mean looking sirloin sliders with horseradish cream. I think that will be on the menu for the Super Bowl.
5. Aleve is so much more effective for headaches than Ibuprofen or Tylenol.
6. Good thing we have that box of widowed socks on the dryer - I'm way too lazy to go upstairs and get a good pair.
7. Reality TV is the major contributing factor to the dumbing-down of American culture.
8. People come and go quite a bit around here during the day, and they slam their car doors with earnest.
9. I don't understand global economics.
10. My family is a bunch of pigs. If I'm out of commission for even a few hours, everything goes to the dogs. The kitchen's a mess, they can't aim properly for the trash can, recycling piles up, etc. You get the picture. Love them all - I'd take a bullet for any of them - but can't they just wipe something down now and then?
11. And wouldn't you know it - I get a great invite from one of my favorite friends to go to the Cities for an evening out with other fun women. At least I have my plans with MG tomorrow.