Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Kids These Days



I've been doing a lot of subbing at our Middle School and High School. I'm spending the next few days at a Charter school full of what I now understand to be emo and scene kids. Teenagers haven't changed one little bit, except for the outside. They are just as clueless and disabled as we were. Just as gawky, just as awkward, just as annoying, just as creepy as every previous generation. I wouldn't repeat those years for anything. And now I'm the smirking adult who's singing "just you wait 'enry 'iggins, just you wait!" under my breath. Someone ought to tell those boys that tight pants can render them sterile.

4 comments:

Cheesecake Maven said...

like you new blog look! don't even get me started on the kids thing. but I must admit, mine aren't nearly as bad as I was! (and don't you dare tell them either!)

Joe said...

I second the compliments on the new look.

one thing, though, about kids now is that they are waaay more stressed and distracted than we were. Poor things.

Missy said...

Oh, I bet I can guess where you are subbing. Bring some scissors to ct the boys bangs!!

michaelg said...

I'm with Missy. Give today's boys haircuts and some Sea Breeze. Most look unbathed, but that is probably what they're trying to acheive. I'm old.