Saturday, December 6, 2008

Killing the Christmas Spirit

Nothing kills a Christmas mood like being sick. I've been down and out all week with a nasty cold and sinus infection. My Twin #2 is worse - my hubby is at the ER with her right now where they are testing for mono or influenza. She just didn't turn around, even after 3 days of antibiotics. So I'm up at 3am thinking of her, worrying, and using up all the kleenex. As a parent, there is nothing worse than seeing your kids hurting.
Addendum: She's back home. No mono, no flu, but still sick. But she's sitting up now, and she hasn't done that all week, so maybe we're turning a corner.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh NO! I am so sorry to hear this. I know it's the best place to find out (at 3am) what is going on with her. My son has had the flu twice in 3 years....ugh!
Keeping you all in my thoughts, and yes, you're heart breaks when when one of your kids is sick.

Fran said...

Oh I hope that she is ok and that you are feeling better.

Sending a steady stream of good and healing thoughts your way.

(((Mnmom and family)))

themom said...

Wow - your house must be flu central! These "bugs" are getting stronger by the season - hope you guys recup very soon.

Missy said...

Virtual hugs and prayers of healing--

Wish I could say more of comfort.

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better soon.

Missy said...

Hugs and healthy wishes! Oh how nerve wracking! I hope you both can get some rest and strength!

Anonymous said...

I really hope that all is well with your daughter. You're in my thoughts. This not sleeping thing is awful! I want you to get better, too. I'm sure the stress you're under is making it worse.

Hugs.

Shannon said...

Argh! TERRIBLE!!! I still haven't go to the dr. or gotten antibiotics, am hoping this is just a cold, but....we're not doing so well here either. Thank God, no ER visits yet.

Johnny Yen said...

There is nothing worse than having your kid sick and there's nothing you can do about it. My sympathy is with you.

Anonymous said...

Killing the Christmas Spirit
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!