Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and See You Next Year!!

We've had a VERY Merry Christmas so far. Good friends and good food on Christmas Eve. Happy children and parents and more good food on Christmas day. Now starts the packing rush for our 20 hour car ride from Minnesota to Eastchester, New York. We've got this long-car-ride-thing down to a science. Everybody knows their roles and stations. As the Generalissimo I have trained them all well.

So don't get any cuts from opening those blasted blister packs, don't eat too much fudge, be sure to drink lots of water, go for a walk, be grateful for every last loved one, and have a great Holiday break! I'll see you all when we return in very early January!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you have lots of fun and make lots of memories!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a safe and happy trip! I'm glad that Christmas was good this year.

Fran said...

Have a great trip! I wish I still lived downstate right now so I could see you live and in person!!

Shannon said...

You're sweet. I think I need to follow all those prescriptions at the end. I am definitely over-fed, under-exercised, overtired, over-sugared, and dreading the long toddler-full car ride home to southern Minnesota on Saturday. (See? I'm already dreading it, and it's not for 2 days! I was traumatized by the ride here!)

Christmas is nice and all, but let's just say I'm looking forward to next year when it's our turn to stay home and have someone come to us.

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip and I hope you enjoy your family! Looking forward to hearing the stories when you return

themom said...

See ya next year - be safe...and Happy New Year!

Sheleta said...

Merry Christmas MC Hammer! And when you get back, you're going to have to give us the keys to a successful long car ride with the children. I need a power point presentation with bullet points! Be careful on that road!!!

Dr.John said...

Have a safe trip. Wishing you a Great New Year.

Billie Greenwood said...

Safe trip and a blessed 2009 to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and See You Next Year!!
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!