Monday, November 10, 2008

Fiscal Conservatives My Butt


I'm reading with great glee how the GOP is now throwing Sarah Palin under the bus and washing their hands of her. "Wardrobe-gate" is turning into a whole lot of fun. She ran up well over $150,000 in clothing including silk boxers for Todd and $22,000 in hair and make-up. OK, so she's trailer trash and THEY gave her a credit card. I have no sympathy.

Here's where it gets really good though, and all of America ought to pay attention. The RNC is saying they in no way authorized that kind of lavish spending, but instead instructed her to buy about 6 suits and a modest budget of about $25,000.

$25,000 for six suits?? America! That's over $4,000 per suit!!

The GOP is trying to sell itself as the party of Joe Sixpack and hockey moms. Hello? Joe? Hockey Moms? Any of you spend $4G's on a suit lately? EVER?! I didn't think so. Pay very close attention to this fact America - the GOP has absolutely no clue about your financial reality.

$4,000 for a suit is NOT fiscally conservative. It's obscene.

Who does get my sympathy? The "charity" that ends up with Todd Palin's underpants.

17 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Whew, for a second there I feared that you had fiscal conservatives in your rectum.

Fran said...

Just ordinary folks, doing ordinary shopping, right?

My friend Dcap wrote this back when it happened, and it cries out to be read if you have not already done so!

Shannon said...

WOW. I admit I am not keeping up, post-election, on the whole Palin aftermath. It's like my brain just wants to forget she ever happened. But this is fascinating--in a highly disturbing way.

Some Guy said...

My yearly clothes budget is about $200, if that. I usually buy a couple new pairs of jeans, sock, and underwear. The rest I get as Christmas gifts. $4000 for one article of clothing is beyond my comprehension.

Missy said...

Nothing in my condo is worth $4Gs...but don't tell my insurance company that.

Wocka Wocka Wocka!

Seriously, they did not get their moneys worth either way.

Minnesotablue said...

Got your web page from cjv. You sure sound like my kind of woman! Watched her this AM being interviewed by NBC. Had to turn it off after 3 minutes

Billie Greenwood said...

I s'pose the First Dude would join Bart Simpson and simply say, "Eat my shorts!" to any inquiries.

Trailer trash? I hate to malign any living socio-economic class with comparisons to this outfit.

Sheleta said...

MC Hammer, I'm with you on that one. For $4,000, I could buy an entire wardrobe, including shoes and shoes. And I could afford to go to Victoria's Secret for panties instead of Wal-Mart (always low prices)! The RNC is the party of Joe Six Pack alright, 6 pack of cavier!

MommyLisa said...

Did you hear that Sarah Palin told Matt Lauer this morning that she NEVER SET FOOT in any of the stores they say she and the fam bought all those clothes in?

The in-fighting begins in the GOP.

Dr.John said...

Don't be so quick to believe everything you read or hear. The Republicans, trying to restore their image, are now willing to throe Palen under the bus. It may not be her at all it just might be them.

Anonymous said...

Seems like the good governor isn't going to go quietly. She's just waiting for a sign from god.

Johnny Yen said...

"Who does get my sympathy? The "charity" that ends up with Todd Palin's underpants."

LOL! I may have to quote you on that one!

The only people I know of, at least here in Chicago, with $4000 suits are gangsters.

laurie said...

wowser. hadn't heard that great detail about the silk boxers.

i've never spent $4000 on anything, except a car.

themom said...

I had a flash of joing the repuke party to see if they would upgrade my wardrobe - then Paulson ruined everything!!! Damnit!!

Missy said...

You do have fiscal conservatives up your butt. :)

Poor dear.

Melinda June said...

I love how she justifies the delay in returning the clothes by saying that "kids lose their underwear". Were there some Palin-kids-in-underwear ads I missed? Seems an odd thing to buy for campaigning.

Anonymous said...

Fiscal Conservatives My Butt
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!