Friday, January 1, 2010
Observations from the freezer
New Year's Greetings to all from the frozen wastelands of Minnesota. Our high today is MINUS TWO! I hate this weather. But Minnesotans stay brave - while jumping into freezing water on a zero degree morning. You'll never find me there. I'll be in the coffee shop wearing my long johns and sorrels.
Know what really stinks about this weather? That we still have to go to work, and buy groceries, and put gas in the car even though the very AIR is trying to kill us!! No reprieve. No day off. Just put on your big-girl boots and deal with it.
Some things that have been flying through my mind:
1. How does my husband fall asleep, and snore, while sitting up?
2. Will the Iowa Hawkeyes win Tuesday night, or implode as usual?
3. A small house fosters family togetherness
4. Always keep Rhodes frozen sweet rolls in your freezer, preferably the orange ones.
5. Taking down Christmas decorations makes me sad
6. Do you suppose the "power" that people attribute to a deity is just the collective consciousness of the human race? And that if we all focused hard on peace and happiness, it would happen?
7. This weather sucks - have I mentioned that? I'm ready to move, but where?
Posted by Mnmom