Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Weekend Plans

This morning started with some heavy dental work. A cavity had blasted a molar apart and blew out a filling I got in 3rd grade. So most of today I looked like I'd had a stroke, and food wouldn't properly stay in the confines of my numb lips.

Tomorrow morning we are headed to Northern Wisconsin and MG's cabin! We're packing lots of coffee and board games. It's MG and Lovely Partner's birthday - yes, both of them! We're going out for ribs to some little place they discovered. Johnny C will do some measurements for upcoming remodeling work on their cozy northwoods place. Nothing outdoors planned as it will be right around ZERO. Good thing they have a nice view.


The oldest-van-known-to-man is in the shop. During twin #2's driving test, the testing official pointed out my broken brake light. They let her pass anyway. Now it's making a strange noise when accelerating, and it smells a bit too much like gasoline. I'm afraid of the repair bill, I really am.
Sunday I'll be watching Twin #2 play indoor soccer. It's much like arena football - the field is small and they use the walls - there is no out-of-bounds. Very fast and a wee bit scary.
What are your weekend plans?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OH I hope you have a wonderful little get away.
Indoor soccer.........seems so bizarre to a Floridian! I bet it is fun though.
Ugh on the van in the shop. Praying it's not awful!

Kireliols said...

Sounds like fun- can you pack me in with the board games and coffee?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I've got the usual plans, you know, sacrifice a goat or small child to Lucifer, rob a liquor store, hang out at a glory hole, and then it's off to church for me on Sunday.

Kireliols said...

Hmmm...maybe I'd rather go hang out with Dr. Monkey. I LOVE a good goat sacrifice! And I can drive the get away car...decisions, decisions...

Anonymous said...

Drive the getaway car up to MG's cabin - we'll hide you out

Shannon said...

Oh, this sounds so fun! Good for you! I am envious. My weekend is much more boring than yours. Today I attempt to entertain two children inside all day hiding from below zero temps. (help.) Saturday I have to do the grocery shopping and ferry Julia to/from a birthday party. Sunday we have to....MAKE/DECORATE JULIA'S KINDERGARTEN VALENTINES BOX! (cue ominous music, picture it starting out fun but quickly degrading into fussing, whining, and wailing about minor flaws, and the me finishing it by myself. sigh.)

Not to be a big downer or anything!!!

Where is the indoor soccer game?! I would love to take the girls to watch sometime!

Churlita said...

Good luck going North for the Winter.

I have so much crap to do this weekend. I guess it will be interesting to see how much of it actually gets done.