Monday, January 4, 2010

Sweet Sixteen




Sixteen years ago today I was delivering twins by C-section. The OB pulled out twin #1 and said "It's a girl and she's peeing on everyone!" Three minutes later she pulled out twin #2 and said "Another girl! Your house will be full of Barbies!".

Along with Barbies came a house full of laughs, diapers, tantrums, princess things, sippy cups, sleepless nights, trikes, books, hair pretties, skates, soccer balls, volleyballs, science projects, iPods, algebra books, curfews, choir robes, guy friends, learner's permits, frustration, love, love, and more love.

I can't believe they've been here for 16 years - feels like a month at most.

Happy 16th Birthday to my twins!

9 comments:

Shannon said...

So sweet!!!! Happy Birthday, J. and M., from our family!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Happy birthday girls. Now go get a job. ;o)

Unknown said...

Absolutely precious........Happy Birthday from one mom of teen twins to another.........and heck yeah it just flew by!

michaelg said...

You're a great mom! I adore your girls. Can't believe they are old enough to drive!

LoieJ said...

Wow, great. And I bet you are a great mother. When I was pg, I dreaded most having twins. But you know what? I would have coped. I would have had to move to a bigger house, but I would have managed. I should say, we would have managed, just not in that tiny house.

SkylersDad said...

Congrats to the twins, and way to go Mom!!

Life As I Know It Now said...

Happy birthday to them and congrats to you for having them.

(Peeing at birth, really?)

Churlita said...

Awwww. What cute girls who are turning into beautiful women. While I don't have twins. I do have a 16 year old and a 17 year old. Sooooo, how's the hormone level in your house these days?

MommyLisa said...

Dr. Monkey - that is Funny!

MNMom - happy birthday to your precious girls.