Monday, September 22, 2008

Picture Perfect Day

























On beautiful Sunday, my youngest progeny and I went canoeing with our pal MG on Lake Calhoun, Cedar Lake, and Lake of the Isles. You wouldn't believe how much natural beauty there is to enjoy right in the heart of metro Minneapolis! The pic to the left shows an aerial view of the canoe rental landing - near the large red roofed pavillion. If you live in the area and haven't done this yet, go do it RIGHT NOW!!

The weather was picture perfect, and although MG squealed like a girl that we were certain to get swamped and therefore soaking wet, nothing of the sort happened. We put the 9-year-old in the middle where she enjoyed the ride while dragging her fingertips in the cool water. Afterward it was over to Sebastian Joe's for homemade ice cream. I showed how middle-age-'tarded I am by walking halfway across the parking lot in two different shoes - my water sandals and my "normal" sandals. I remember thinking that the sidewalks were certainly poured crooked on that side of town. Fun day.

6 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Was I invited? Nope. So it wasn't perfect. So there. Nah, nah, nah.

Missy said...

I went to Sebastian Joe's on Friday! I had the Chai and the Pavoratti ice creams. What did you have?

I have been to the lakes lots, but never canoed, I will work on that.

I am excited because I just got back from a long bikeride on the Greenway, which goes to those lakes!

Way to get out and exercise and enjoy the day!

Mnmom said...

Collectively we had: banana cream pie, mocha chip, oreo, and choc peanut butter. They were OUT of coyote chocolate!

Cheesecake Maven said...

You must have had the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang canoe to get that aerial photo of the place!!! Sounds like a great day!

tshsmom said...

Our first apartment was 2 blocks from Lake Calhoun. We never had any extra money for canoe rentals, but we did a lot of walking in that area.

Shannon said...

We always planneed to canoe there when we lived in the Cities, and never got to it. Someday! Also---boy do I (we) miss Sebastian Joe's!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.