Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bad Parents

An incident tonight:

Hubby and I are on the screened porch enjoying a quiet evening of adult conversation. Twin #1 needs to be picked up at 11pm. Twin #2 is getting a ride home. Daughter #3 is home with a friend.

Hubby and I decide that we really aren't sure WHEN Twin #2 is getting a ride home. So we call her cell phone . . . .

Me "Honey, I was wondering what time your friends are bringing you home because you really should be home by 11pm"

Pause

Her "Mom, I'm upstairs in my room. I've been home since 9pm!"

10 comments:

laurie said...

that is hilarious!

Fran said...

Haha! That is too funny!!!!

Scott J. said...

Rofl

That's classic...

Unknown said...

Oh my! Hahahaha...

Christopher Tassava said...

That's 21st century life in a nutshell.

Shannon said...

Oh my God, I am laughing SO HARD right now. HILARIOUS.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Ask them if they have picked out a nursing home for you and hubby yet.

Missy said...

Ah ha ha! Oh man, that is fantastic!

Gail said...

OMG, I can't WAIT for that day! That's perfect.

michaelg said...

You were right to wonder where she was at just the right time. Good parenting, that is. Twin #2 was probably went right upstairs to avoid the possibility of seeing her parents snuggling or something gross like that.