I've been busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger, as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest, as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, as a (fill-in-the-blank). April/May is one crazy mofo season.
So I'll just offer up the swill floating through my mind:
1. Every single Spring I am flat-out stunned by the beauty of blooming trees, leaves, daffodils, tulips, lilacs, etc. Especially the lilacs. I don't think I will ever take those visions for granted.
2. Thanks fer nothin T-Paw. Your extreme budget cuts mean our city can't offer cheaper pool passes to low-income families this year. So poor kids not only endure the bitter taste of poverty, now they can't even cool off in a tax-payer funded municipal swimming pool. A pool that their parents' tax dollars helped build, and keep staffed and maintained. Way to go you greedy rich Republican snob. Socialism for the rich, capitalism for the poor. Is there an adult in the state house I can talk to???
3. My new lower-back-pain-hindered exercise routine is to walk at a moderate pace with my belly tightened, my buttocks clenched, and my thigh muscles taut. It looks like a very seriously cranky person taking a leisure walk.
4. The verbal bashing of the MOTHER by the CHILDREN stops right here right now. I am taking no prisoners.
5. I hope every single person who took a bonus from bail-out money steps in a pothole and twists their ankle. Or gets their Jaguar keyed.
6. Mexico should invade Arizona and establish martial law: all gringos in their homes after 9pm and all of them must carry papers at all times.
7. MAN those blooming trees smell good!! And the frogs singing in the backyard marsh are amazing.
8. Ink cartridges from "Cartridge World" are incredibly cheap because there is NO INK IN THEM!
9. Imagine if the teabaggers where black or Latino.
10. Two fun and dirt cheap vacations coming up this summer!! WHOOT!