Monday, June 7, 2010

We laughed, we cried

Ok, no one cried, but we sure had a great time! I was so lucky to meet up with some Minnesota bloggers on Saturday night. Twin #2 came along as the designated driver and official photographer. We haven't uploaded the photos yet. What a great bunch of women! When I arrived everyone already had a martini in their hands, so you knew it would be a good night.


In no particular order I'll introduce my new blogging friends. Lesli from Pretty Random Thoughts is the cutest thing in a pair of sandals. She made me think of a mix between Bernadette Peters and Debra Messing. She's got a GIVEAWAY going on HERE!

The rather famous WhiskeyMarie was there too! In real life she made me think of a smarter more sophisticated Liv Tyler. And frankly a prettier one too. WM is a wonderful person - full of great stories and interesting observations. The link to her blog isn't working but most of you know her anyway. She shared a method for making rhubarb sauce, that she swears makes a great martini. She also made me swear to try her "F-ing Good Chocolate Chip Cookie" recipe but I can't find it!!

MommyLisa was one of the organizers. She reminded me of a much younger funner Ellen Barkin. She's got great stories. She's every bit as fun in person as on her blog. Her husband must be laughing on a daily basis.

Cathy from Antsypants was the co-organizer. She is quiet and cute like Maggie Gyllenhaal. Her blog is great fun, especially boozedays, when she shares a good cocktail recipe.

We discussed our favorite blogs - were your ears burning Dr. Monkey? - and I wrote some of them down. Those notes are stuffed somewhere in my purse. And we talked a LOT about food and our favorite food blogs. As soon as I find my list I'll post them. From them I learned about the Twitter Kidney and the Radio Boobs.

A great evening - hope to see more of YOU there next time!

13 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Yes! My ears and my anus both were burning. Although I'm pretty sure for different reasons. ;o)

MommyLisa said...

Okay I agree with all of those observations! and then who are you? The Iowa response to the late great Dixie Carter?

Lesli said...

You are soooooo super sweet. I swear I love you!!!!

No pictures uploaded yet? I will try to put mine up today. I am frankly worried about the ones your daughter took--so many times I wasn't ready. I am very much prepared to look like a dork!!

xoxo

SkylersDad said...

Looking forward to the pictures!

Churlita said...

Can't wait for the pics. It's hard to do that in Iowa, since we don't the blogging population here. I have met some bloggers who were in the writer's workshop and they were wonderful people.

Lesli said...

I think the chocolate chip cookie recipe is under F-ing Awesome instead of F-ing Good. I am going to try to find it too.

Cathy said...

Look at you, comparing us all to celebs! Love it. I'd say you are spot on. Lesli is the cutest thing in a pair of sandals. Everyone was so fun. I can't wait to do it again! I'm compiling my thoughts, and looking over my notes and hope to post my take on the evening soon!

Lesli said...

I finally blogged about our dinner & put up pictures!

Life As I Know It Now said...

It sounds like it was a lot of fun. It's great to have time off and to meet new people. Can't wait for the photos.

Whiskeymarie said...

Liv Tyler? Aww...shucks. And spot-on with the other girls- Cathy totally IS Maggie G!

You guys were so much fun- so smart, so funny, so easy to be around. I'd hang out with any of you again in a heartbeat.

If you can't find the recipe, I'll send it to you, my dear. No worries.
;)

嬌潔嬌潔 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

I'm here from Antsy Pants and Maggie Gyllenhaal is such a good comparison for Cathy!

Fran said...

What fun! I am very jealous but so happy for you!