1. I'm so disappointed in President Obama. More war?? Really?? How is this change? Do you suppose some wingnut has wrapped Obama's ankle with explosives and has threatened to light the fuse if he doesn't cooperate?
2. While the Republicans have all gone ape shit teabag nuts, the Democrats have a serious degenerative spine disease. Will SOMEONE in Washington just LEAD already? Get us some universal health care now! I don't care if this hurts your chances for reelection - you were elected to lead and serve. Not to plot out your political career and eventual book deal.
3. We'll invade Afghanistan now, but we'll leave in a few years? Kind of like having your rigid Uncle Earnest show up at breakfast, tell you he's going to trash the place while he preaches Evangelical Christianity at you, but be gone by supper. So you just wisely hide your guns and go wait at the neighbor's place until he leaves.
4. If Barack Obama's campaign was a "culture of personality", what do you call Sarah Palin's recent tours?
5. I've heard more than I ever remotely wanted to know about Tiger Woods.
6. Hello, Congress? This health care issue is not some vague abstract idea. While you are debating endlessly and playing politics, there are actual human beings wondering how they'll pay for tomorrow's insulin. There are actual families with two full-time wage earners going down the financial tubes because their child had cancer. I know YOU don't have to think about that for YOUR bodies - they are all fully cared for with taxpayer many. But could you please remember the suffering masses of taxpayers who are waiting for you to do your job? And some dying while waiting?
And you Republicans ought to be completely ashamed of yourselves, and quit calling yourselves Christians because Christ would have asked you to care for your neighbor straight from your own pocket and to be joyous for the opportunity. Not to be some sniveling greedy coward who left the poor and the sick out in the snow.