Monday, August 18, 2008
Thoughts on the Mall of America
This past Saturday I took my twin teens and their friends to MOA - that's how we locals refer to the Mall of America. Here are some random thoughts . . . .
1. If you ever have a desire to travel to the Twins Cities to see the Mall of America, I'll save you the trouble. Go to your local mall at 1pm on Christmas Eve and walk by every single store 17 times. Now go to your local county fair and walk the midway another 17 times. There! You've just done the Mall of America.
Instead, travel to the Twin Cities and come to my house - I'll make lasagna.
2. Thoughts upon entering the QVC store: "What the Hell am I doing in here?!?!? I hate this crap!! What's the matter with me?!??!"
3. Thoughts upon entering the Barnes and Noble "OK, getting better"
4. Thoughts on finding an empty table at the back of the Starbucks in said Barnes and Noble with my library book in tow "This is the ONLY way to do the MOA".
5. This year, I gave the teens a set amount of cash for school shopping and told them there would be NO MORE CLOTHING MONEY until deep winter and to fly away to those horrible teen stores with their loud music and leave Mommy in peace. Worked beautifully.
6. I saw many, many struggling toddlers having fits in strollers. Usually I sympathize with these parents, but who in their right mind would take a toddler to the MOA? Those parents should just stay home and hit each other in the foreheads with a hammer and leave the poor baby out of it. Honestly, get a sitter!!
7. Twins and I had a lovely lunch together while they showed me their quite sensible clothing choices. Heaven comes in very small packages sometimes.