Friday, August 15, 2008

What's with the spitting?

Ok you men - what's with the public spitting? This antisocial practice is really starting to chap my hide. The grossest thing I can imagine is walking on sidewalks and streets covered with male sputum. Didn't your mothers teach you this is a disgusting habit? You don't see women doing this so I personally know the human body can function without the public display of saliva. What's so god-awful in your mouth that you must immediately dislodge it in front of spectators, and not quietly I might add? Stop it already.

4 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

Ooh, I'm with ya on this. I'm sometimes tempted to quote to spitters this sign I once saw:
"SPIT ON THE CEILING. Any damn fool can spit on the floor."

Sheleta said...

Girl can we starta campaign, crusade? Something to stop this madness? Cause girl, there is nothing worse than walking down the street and a large gob of slab be down there, bubbled up, fresh out some nasty man's mouth! Or worse yet, you're walking down a crowded street, you stop at the light to wait for the cross sign to turn green, and a man, goes deep in his soul, hawks and spits out some of his DNA right there on the sidewalk.

Fran said...

I am so with you sister. Yeeech.

A long, long time ago I have a clear memory of working in NYC on a really cold day and well... yuck.

Then that night, David Letterman began the show by saying that New York was officially the city of frozen spit.

He must have been near the two super spitters I was walking behind!!

tshsmom said...

I've seen an awful lot of teenaged girls spitting too. What's up with THAT?!