Saturday, November 6, 2010
Here's where the GOP can cut
Dear Smaller-Gummit-cut-costs Politicians.
Time to put your money where your mouth is. In the name of smaller government and lower costs, I expect to see some REAL proposals instead of easy rhetoric. If you're serious I expect you to start with the following:
1. No more health insurance for either house of Congress. Go out and pay for your own like the rest of us.
2. No more free parking anywhere in DC - see #1
3. No more free outpatient care from military hospitals - again see #1
4. No more obscenely inflated pension plan.
5. No more furniture expense accts - go to the store room and find something you can use.
6. No more free income tax preparation. Take it to CPA firm - create some jobs!!!
7. No more tax deduction for maintaining a second residence.
8. Frequent flyer miles no longer available for personal use. Only business. Anything leftover is donated to our military service folks so they can go home on leave. And always fly coach so you can prove you are "in touch" with real America.
9. No more free health club or cafeteria meals.
10. No more voting on your own pay raises. Time for "merit pay" like you demand for teachers, who by the way make about 1/4 of your salary and work under dismal budgets.
11. How about immediate expulsion and a steep fine for any of you taking lobbyist gifts worth more than $100. I don't mind if they pay for your dinner, or give you some pens and note pads, but anything else is just immoral. I'm talking to you, John Boehner.
12. No more "franking" privileges to create a favorable public image. Just do your job - that should be enough.
Posted by Mnmom