So here's how the next 12 months are gonna go down:
1. The van will keep running, and running well.
2. Gas prices will go down
3. Johnny C will be offered a wonderful position$
4. Our computer will function fine for another 2 years, or a new one will land in our laps.
5. Twin #2 will outgrow her bursitis, which is keeping her out of her beloved sports - and most other physical activity.
6. We'll all stay marvelously healthy
7. Through our complaint to the State's Attorney Generals office, Homeq and Edina Realty will face heavy consequences involving a fine payable directly to us.
8. We will be generous with our reinstated wealth, having learned so many lessons of hardship. We were generous before, but we've learned where to REALLY give for maximum impact.
9. The Tea party will implode.
10. Obama and Congress will initiate a sweeping and hugely successful jobs program, similar to the WPA, that puts millions back to work rebuilding our infrastructure and wind turbines.
11. Sheletta will get her own radio or TV show, and we'll all be asking "Oprah who?"
12. My acne will clear up.
13. The Vikings will win the Superbowl.
14. I'll get my job back*
15. MG will start blogging regularly again
16. My sister will be able to buy the land she's currently renting
17. We'll somehow get the teens a used car
18. Glenn Beck will be caught in a giant scandal involving gay prostitutes, money laundering, flag burning, cross-dressing, Bruce Willis, France, dope, and Sarah Palin's stylist.
19. My blog will go viral and I'll start earning millions by allowing very carefully chosen companies to advertise here. Ben & Jerry's would be a good place to start.
Yep, that's how it's gonna play out.
$ He's working two - three good part time consulting gigs and some hands-on labor but he needs something permanent.
*I may not have mentioned this, but my job at the Middle School was eliminated under it's previous contract and funding source. A new position, covering the same duties plus a few more, was recreated under a new contract and from a different budget. Since it's a public school and therefore transparent, it must be advertised and I have to reapply for this "new" position. Keep your fingers crossed!