Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Migraine

I left work early with a migraine. I haven't had one of those in years. The lights were like daggers, every noise was like a jackhammer, moving my head was like labor pains.

Anyone else get these?

I think all the stress I'm under brought it on. Luckily for me, mine are not the 24-48 hour marathons that some people go through. I came home, loaded up on drugs, and slept.

I'm hopeful this was the "breakdown" my mental state needed to deal with all this crap. I just felt "something" coming on, and am relieved that it wasn't a murderous rage through Edina Realty with a shotgun, a Glock, and a machete. I mean, I don't even own any of those! Imagine the planning involved!

On the Edina Realty note: no word yet on the appraisal review by the mortgage company.

9 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I have a couple of friends who get those, I am much more fortunate. Good luck with Edina, and getting rid of the headache.

Life As I Know It Now said...

Glad you are already feeling better.

Missy said...

Fingers crossed for you!

I have gotten them, I get tunnel vision and then the light sensitivity and the PAIN! I can sleep it off too.

I hope you feel better! I really do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Churlita said...

I get 3 day migraines at least once a month. I finally got meds for them and they have changed my life. I can actually plan to do stuff and not worry that I'll get a migraine and not be able to do it. I hope yours is over and done with and that that realty company gets what it deserves.

Little Sister said...

I have had a couple of those whoppers...only thing that works is Excederin Extra Strength and sleep.

Hope you are feeling better!

PS-missed your call at 9am????

Shannon said...

I have a lot of friends who get migraines. They sound so terrible I cannot even imagine it. Awful! But not surprising given your stress level and all you are going through. I mean, egad--you're only human!

Scott J. said...

Oh, Margaret honey... you don't own a machete?

That's just sad.

Unknown said...

I do sympathise re the migraine, I have just almost got over a 3 day bout, it's a beatiful autumn day, then all of a sudden this morning, I started with the blindnes, nubness, unable to use words /communicate, 'alien hand syndrome'.
I am trying to not give in to it however I am finding it very difficult to type.
It really is a horrible condition, I started with it when I was about 10years old. I am now 59. Oh hum, there are lots of people with more serious conditions, so I must count my blessings.
I do hope you feel better soon.