Thursday, June 4, 2009
School's out: celebrate or commiserate?
As of 1:00 p.m. Friday, school is out here.
Reasons to commiserate:
1. Lunch. I now have to provide the kiddos some lunch. I hate making lunch.
2. Flip flops. They reproduce by the score in my mud room.
3. Wet beach towels.
4. Piles of papers from backpacks, desks, and lockers. I will have to nag and plead incessantly until they are gone.
5. The front door being slammed, slammed, slammed, slammed, slammed.
6. Thousands of extra kids in the house.
7. Kids who's bedtime is now past mine.
8. They now have more time to fight.
Reasons to celebrate:
1. It's freaking summer! NOT WINTER!
2. No more reams of papers to read, sign, fill out, etc.
3. No more dragging reluctant 10-year-olds out of bed in the morning
4. A 3 month reprieve from music concerts
5. Some time to take the family for picnics
6. Soccer games
7. Late night talks on the screened porch
8. The pool
9. Root beer floats
11. Traveling to Iowa to see family and some COUSIN TIME!