Saturday, March 15, 2008

My not-very-scientific research






While driving home from a soccer meeting I decided to conduct a little observatory test. I wanted to see how many drivers were talking on their phones while actually operating their car. I only counted the drivers I could clearly see. I suppose blue tooth technology renders my results suspect.

Anyway, here they are:
24 drivers were NOT on the phone
2 drivers were.

To extrapolate - about 8% of your fellow citizens on Minnesota roads clearly don't care about your safety. Another 75% were probably changing the CD, were holding hot coffee between their thighs, were under the influence of something, or terribly drowsy. Have a nice day

3 comments:

Johnny Yen said...

9 times out of ten, if someone almost hits me while walking or driving, they're yammering on the telephone.

I am at a loss as to what is so important that it can't wait until they're home?

dmarks said...

I wonder if they did studies back in the 1980s when everyone was on the CB radio.

I see you have 3 or 4 blogs. Which one is the real one?

Mnmom said...

Happy to be from Iowa is the "real" one. Ignore the others.