Monday, October 25, 2010
1. We walked all over the University of Iowa campus this weekend, and you'd think I'd climbed Mt. Everest.
2. I stepped in a pothole on Sunday, rolled my ankle, skinned my knees and hands, and needed a bag of ice for the pain. Next stop: broken hip.
3. During our college visit I marveled at all the new technology and actually said "the hell!" once or twice.
4. The 19+ girls going to the clubs looked like "working girls" - but then again my 16-year-olds agreed. I'm talking fetish-height stilettos, mini skirts, and leather bustiers . . . . in Iowa . . . in October.
5. I order everything with NO ONIONS
6. The reflection in the mirrors of my old college haunts have all changed.
So one college visit down - several yet to go. Our twins were quite impressed with the Hawkeye Visit Day, and so was I . It's an entirely different approach nowadays - another piece of evidence - I just said "nowadays".
Posted by Mnmom