Some really wonderful posts are swimming in my head regarding capitalism, obscene corporate profits, parenting, growing older, etc. But I'm still lacking the time to sit and make them coherent. Please don't leave me!!
For now, you'll have to settle yet again for minutae from my addled brain.
1. Don't you hate when you take time to type out a really clear and instructional email, only to have key people say "oh, I didn't read the whole thing".
2. If you need your teens to really listen and absorb important information, get someone else besides you to tell them. Hire a college kid, or bribe your sister-in-law. Because everything you as their parent says will be ignored at best and ridiculed at worst. Even sentences like "your hair is on fire".
3. Life turns on a dime.
4. Fall never lasts long enough.
5. So our Minnesota Vikings are winning because we hired an old pervert and a jerk. Ain't we summpin?
6. Will I ever see Europe?
7. My marriage is being bullied by poverty, too much work, and sleep deprivation. The fact that we're both getting old and tired isn't helping either. And then there's that old person breath . . . .
8. We're traveling to Iowa City on Thursday so my teens can visit my alma mater the Univ. of Iowa. This day came waaaaaay too fast.
9. Why didn't I take Spanish instead of German in my youth? Ich weiss nicht.
10. The jam I made this summer is KILLER good! I'm making 5x more next summer. Place your orders now.