Monday, July 26, 2010

Lost my political edge?

I've noticed my post are taking on a rather bland Suzy Homemaker theme.  It appears my political rancor has cooled down for the time being.  But never fear - I'm still watching with my keen powers of observation and razor-tongued wit at the ready.

So Michelle Bachmann wants to be the Tea Party Chairman??  GO FOR IT Michelle!!  And leave behind your congressional seat to an actual human.  Did you read that she and her like minded slack jaws are threatening to "fully investigate this administration" after their big wins in November?  Great, just what this nation needs . . . . Michelle Bachmann and Glenn Beck chasing black liberal phantoms down ever dark dead-end alley with the mainstream media panting and drooling right behind them.  Thing of it is, they are good at it.

Anyone else notice that Sarah Palin is starting to look like a Carol Burnett character?

Seriously, her makeup is getting more extreme, what with her drawn over eyebrows and heavily lined lips.
I don't even think she's a real woman.  I think she and Michelle Bachman are products of some Stepford-Wife factory.  Her software needs a virus scan - that's where words like "refudiate" come from.


And just how the $^&$%$& does anyone come to the conclusion that the BP spill is Obama's fault?  After 8 long years of oil men letting oil men be oil men, with no oversight IN sight, they want to blame it on Obama?  Then they want Obama's head on a platter for making BP pay for it?  If President Obama had ordered the military into that area immediately, they would have had the Tea Partiers shouting in tongues about loss of civil rights.

I'm sorry, I just can't live with these people.

10 comments:

Fran said...

I used to blog about politics more but then I stopped for the most part.

I was just too angry all the time. Trust me - I am the first one to say that good and righteous anger is needed in the world, but I came to the conclusion that it did not always need to come from me.

So enjoy your quietude and home-maker-y goodness. You are such a delight no matter what you write!

Kireliols said...

I am sick of the whole lot as well. I sit here feeling hopeless about the future- even wondering about returning to school to get my teaching certificate because will there be any public schools in two to three years or will the corporate/republicans finally get their way and destroy the middle class completely, creating a large uneducated peasant class and me with two or three years more of school loan debt. I'd consider getting my real estate license but that may not even exist either if this administration gets the way they were hinting at earlier this week when they said "perhaps the american people need to rethink home ownership as part of the american dream"... my family needs me to get a job but after 11 years at home with my kids I am not fit for much and I'm scared to take on debt if it's going to prove useless. argghghghghgh-
and don't get me started on the environment and my hopelessness for my children's future...pleh, pleh, pleh...

Mnmom said...

"perhaps the american people need to rethink home ownership as part of the american dream"...
Oh great! That means we'll all be living in Mr. Potter's run down rentals and paying him a fortune!!

Sounds like the Republican dream.

Billie Greenwood said...

I love whatever you write, too. Your political writing is as sharp as ever. Taking a little break did not dim your eye nor dull your words. Love it!

Churlita said...

Yeah. I don't get why Obama's getting blamed either. I guess they just want a scape goat.

SkylersDad said...

I can't stand even having political conversations anymore, because everyone just quotes the latest forwarded email they got instead of thinking!

Shannon said...

You know, poor, poor President Obama. Seriously, that man must be a saint to even still be plugging along. I feel SO SORRY for him. He gets blamed for EVERYTHING, even things he couldn't possibly have done! It's so depressing.

In other news, you are hilarious. Those 2 photos made me laugh out loud.

lisahgolden said...

You never fail to crack me up. I quit watching the news and deleted all my political "news" rss feeds. I'm not any happier really, but at least I'm not smashing the china anymore.

LoieJ said...

I really don't know how I found your blog in the first place, but I've enjoyed reading it. Well, I didn't enjoy having empathy with your forced move, etc. But I went from being a-political for years to being very political, leaning enough to the left that I almost fall over. And so, I started reading and learning more and more, and that only confirmed my feelings. So keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. It's exhausting, being outraged all the time. I find that I'm really having to divide my life into sections, and work at not letting frustration over politics creep into everything else.