Saturday, July 10, 2010

Headed Up North



Packing packing packing for our week-long visit to beautiful Lake Superior.  We're meeting Johnny C's NY Italian family there.  As I told you here, they are very different from us, so this should be interesting.    We've got a beach house almost directly in from the rainbow pictured above.

We plan to spend lots of time on the beach.  Otherwise we'll be hiking and picnicking.  What will we eat you ask??  Cuz that's pretty important in my world.  For the first 24 hours I'm packing homegrown lettuce, beans, and basil.  Also homemade pasta salad, egg salad, pesto, cookie dough, burgers, etc.  And plenty of coffee and iced tea - you betcha!

And in case you're wondering Dr. Monkey, we should make it home just before the first blizzards of winter.
See you all next week!

9 comments:

Dr. MVM said...

Have fun but keep an eye out for blizzards.

evleky said...

Wave as you go by the Finlayson Exit, Margaret....That's where we live....Have a Ball up there!! Mary T

SkylersDad said...

Travel safe and have fun!

Unknown said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time, I'm not sure you've shared all about the in-laws, so maybe you'll have stores to share when you return, or you can just email me...ha ha.
Enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time, I'm not sure you've shared all about the in-laws, so maybe you'll have stores to share when you return, or you can just email me...ha ha.
Enjoy!!!

Churlita said...

It sounds so lovely. Have fun and don't worry about us here....Just waiting for you to come home.

Lesli said...

Sounds lovely! Have a wonderful time!! All the food sounds delish.

MommyLisa said...

Wait. Diners, Drive Ins and Dives had something on a place there that cures thier own meat...

Northern Waters Smokehaus

commoncents said...

HAVE FUN!

Just wanted to say I really like your blog - keep up the great work!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com