Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Not much, you?
Even with my work-deprived summer I still don't find time to blog. So here are tidbits to munch on.
1. Best description of the latest federal budget I've read - "A sugar-coated Satan sandwich".
2. About 2 weeks ago I started my own version of a low-sugar weight loss program. So far amazingly good. Been eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Avoiding all desserts, chips, fast food, etc. I gave up soda last year. It's been surprisingly simple, and I have a lot more energy.
3. Been musing on the spiritual gifts of our new austere lifestyle; I appreciate every little thing I have. I've grown less focused on material things, I've learned to quit worrying about the future and focus on the day at hand. More on that later.
4. On the flip side I get very frustrated when dumb-as-dirt idiots like the cast of Jersey Shore are rolling in it, while folks like Johnny C and I can't catch a break.
5. Been reading some GREAT books. Friend me on goodreads.com and see what I've been up to.
6. The garden has been a patchwork of failure and success. The lettuce, spinach, and beet tops were all eaten away by rabbits. However the tomatoes, pumpkins, squash, onions, zinnias, and sunflowers are taking over. I also planted some late red beans, and so far so good. As long as our first frost stays away until October I might actually get a harvest.
7. When one of you lucky bastards wins the lottery, remember your friend Mnmom!
8. I really, really don't like the Republicans in power right now.
9. I want to ease the stress and sadness in my husband's eyes. For his sake and a million other reasons I wish his family lived closer.
10. Did Iowa, Wisconsin, and southern Canada send all their mosquitoes to Minnesota this year? They are KILLING me!
Posted by Mnmom