Friday, June 17, 2011
Kids! Heed my warning
Kids - being an adult looks like heaven, doesn't it? You can boss the other kids around. You can eat whatever you want. Go to bed when you want. Have a little card that magically pays for everything.
But here's what they don't tell you:
1. You'll spend most of your adult life on the phone with either your insurance agency or tech support for your cable company.
2. You can't eat whatever you want after all, because being an adult means you've developed heartburn.
3. Adults WANT to stay up and at least see the weather report, but we can't keep our eyes open past 9:30pm.
4. Housework - they don't mention this, or how one day you'll find yourself on your knees scraping melted bits of effluvium from the kitchen floor. And that toilet won't clean itself!
5. All that money you get from your job? It's already been spent on the car and household appliances.
6. If you're lucky, your acne will stick around well into middle age.
7. You gain 10lbs overnight every 6 months.
Posted by Mnmom