And I really feel bad saying that because I have friends grieving their son, and two friends grieving husbands, and of course let's not forget all the hungry and homeless people all over the world and really who am I to complain about my centrally-heated American life anyway? But today still blew . . . in a relative white person in America who has food, a job, a car, a family, and no major illnesses sort of way..
1. Our computer has a virus, AGAIN. And I learned that in April our OS will no longer be updated by Microsoft, or some such techy problem. So it's buy a new one, or update an old one for $$$$.
2. Our printer is STILL broken. This POS has been the raspberry seed in my wisdom tooth since we bought it.
3. I made a new multi-ingredient recipe for the crock pot and forgot to add the tomato paste. So tomorrow it's getting marinara over the top and we'll hope for the best.
4. I've lost 25 lbs but it's still not enough, and I must face the fact that FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE I cannot eat all the brownies or chips-and-dip that I want.
5. Loaded up on good cheap choices at the grocery store only to have my debit card malfunction. I got home at supper time hungry and grocery-less. So mad at the world I ate a cheese quesadilla. And see #4 by the way.
I'm lucky. I really like the people I work with. No, really, I'm not kidding. They are funny, smart, caring and can make otherwise brain-numbing-hard work fun.
Among them, I'm the "old lady". Most of my jokes go right over their heads because they were born in the 80's. I'm sorry, but how can someone born while I was in college be walking around, unsupervised, having children, working and driving cars?
I seriously hate the chore of planning and cooking dinner.
I used to be more June-Cleaver-inclined, and I could be again if I didn't have to work full time. After an 8 hour day, I want Ward to meet ME at the door with a cocktail. Then scuttle back to the kitchen where good smelling things are happening while I go to my den and read the newspaper. Then Ward can call me at 6pm to belly-up to the roast beef and mashed potatoes. Heck, I'd even wash the dishes! Cuz I'm all about equality that way.
But instead I'm married to a great guy who is absolutely NOT Emeril. He can heat frozen pizza - period.
There's still a 14-year-old at home and she can occasionally boil up some pasta, but that gets old.
Seriously I'd do anything if you one of you want to take over the cooking. I'll even take in your laundry! Time to quit blogging and hit the grocery store. Guess it's broiler chicken again tonight. "Hey Family, get in here and eat your fill of antibiotic and hormone-filled crap!"
Usually the first snow of late Fall in Minnesota has me all excited for the holidays . . . hot tea, warm pjs, winter walks and everything that comes with it. But we had FUCKING SNOW until FUCKING MAY this year, and 4 months of no-snow is not an adequate break Might have 3" to 5" by morning. Fucking snow. Fuck off.
You may not remember me, but I used to blog here. So I opened the windows, let in the fresh air, and decided to start writing again.
Miscellania of late:
1. Still employed at Small Rural Hospital in Blue Collartown, MN. Not my dream job, but one I rather enjoy on most days. Thinking about an MSW - anyone want to take bets on whether or not I'll actually do it?
2. Just celebrated 23 years of solid marriage. Yep, I chose well.
3. I've lost 25lbs lately - I like to say I lost the DONK off my badonk-a-donk butt.
4. Haven't been much of a homemaker - working full time will do that.